LinkedIn is a social networking site targeted for professionals. The goal being to allow registered users to create a network of people with similar interests and careers. You can have a LinkedIn page for your business, but you must first have a personal profile..
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with 700+ million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- More than 30 million companies use LinkedIn for business.
- Of all the users, 57% are male, 43% of the users are females.
- Content creation on LinkedIn has increased 60% since 2020
Click here to start a LinkedIn Page
Your profile is fully visible to all LinkedIn members who've signed in to LinkedIn. You can control what appears on your profile, notifications to your network, and your profile privacy preferences.
Having a profile on LinkedIn helps:
- Manage your personal brand image online
- Create opportunities by helping you get noticed, find jobs and network with professional with similar interests.
- Build a network and track your professional journey. You can showcase your achievements and experiences on your profile. You can add sections to your profile to display your skills and expertise. A complete LinkedIn profile will increase your discover-ability and profile search appearances.
Tips for Optimizing a LinkedIn profile:
- Have a professional looking profile picture. Add a background image to personalize your profile. Tips for picking the right LinkedIn profile photo.
- Create a headline that will stand out.
- Write a summary in the about section that should provide your goals, skill and experiences.
- Fill out all your relevant work and education. Keep this update as your experiences grow.
- Add skills that help showcase your abilities.
- Request and or give recommendations. Usually if you give one the person will provide a recommendation for you as well.
- Create a personal URL for your LinkedIn Page – Create a personal URL
- Use your profile strength meter to gauge the strength of your profile.
- Find at least 50 connections with similar interests or career goals. You will probably find more. Take the time to find quality connections.
- Join and participate in groups. There are thousands of groups to join of all different hobbies and interests.
Tips for Optimizing a LinkedIn Business page:
- Upload your company logo and add your tagline. Use consistent branding with colors and text.
- Add a background photo (cover photo). Choose an image that showcases your business. Avoid shots that are too busy or cluttered. The recommended size is 1584 (width) x 396 (height) pixels.
- These steps are optional, but don’t skip it. Companies with logos get six times more visits than those without.
- When choosing a URL make it the same as your handle (username) on other social sites.
- Business Description: Tell people about your vision, mission, values, and offer a description of your products and services in three to four short paragraphs. Copy should be natural and written in your brand voice. Google results preview up to 156 characters of your page’s text.
- Fill in all business details.
- Add a button to your profile to encourage action. Options include visit website, contact us, learn more, register, and sign up. Be sure to add the corresponding URL so people who click the button land on the correct page.
- Add your store or office locations. You can add multiple addresses by selecting +Location.
- Add more details - Keywords, hashtags, location, descriptions and posts
More on How to use LinkedIn for Social Media Marketing for a Small Business
Understanding Analytics on LinkedIn