There is one concept in the world of social media marketing that proves to be the key to marketing on social media. Businesses who learn this concept state their social media marketing finally improved. Without this knowledge, no amount of time, money, utilizing new trends or modern techniques made much of a difference. What made a difference was making this shift in thinking about attracting customer. Get ready to learn something that will change your marketing for the better.
the Customers do not want to know about what is going on with your business. Customers want solutions and information. Customers do not care about your events, photos, or sales pitch. Customers care about learning and finding content to solve problems. The key to social media marketing is to provide content that fills the needs of the audience. The goal of social media marketing is not to talk about your business, not to sell, and not always posting updates or pictures. The goal of social media marketing is to find an audience, provide the information they are looking for, and solve their problems.
Look at an example - A dance studio utilized many social media accounts. The business was posting pictures at events, key dates, and sales ads. They were posting beautiful images and advertisements that very few engaged with. All this effort and social media accounts were not growing or generating more sales or website visits. Until the strategy changed and became more about what the audience wanted to learn. So the business did research(social listening) and made some key changes that focused more on content. The research led to learning about the audience and what they wanted to learn. The new posts were short instructional videos and photos, how to's, and infographics. Consisting of teaching trendy dance moves and videos to get in shape. They also shared tips to be more flexible and how to use dance to relieve stress. These ideas came from social listening and focusing more on information for the audience. Yes, you do want to eventually sell to the audience, but only at the right time. With social media, 20% is selling, and the other 80% is content. Once you have an engaged audience and built trust, then talking about your business and selling a product or service can be useful.
Think about it, digest and use it. - The goal of social media marketing is to find an audience, provide the information they are looking for, and solve their problems. Doing this is not easy and finding the right audience and content takes time and patience. Starting with this concept in mind will ensure a more success social media marketing strategy.
Please comment here about how you will use this concept. Or, if you already do tell us how you have utilized content in your marketing. Follow me on Facebook for weekly marketing updates.
Dr. Kellie Emrich, DBA
Professor of Marketing
The Social Prof
Subscribe to stay informed with my latest posts.
I love my dog Penny!
My Favorite Quote
Blog Presented by
Dr. Kellie Emrich